In order to ensure commercial drivers are physically healthy enough to operate (often over-sized) vehicles for long stretches of time, the Department of Transportation requires all commercial drivers license applicants to undergo a physical exam. At AFC Urgent Care New Britain, we administer comprehensive DOT physicals on a walk-in basis.
In order to pass a DOT physical, the following guidelines must be met:
- Blood pressure cannot exceed 160/100
- Vision must be 20/40 (or better) in each eye (with or without correction)
- No drug habit
- Blood sugar cannot be higher than 200
- Must not be color blind to the extent that you cannot understand difference between stop lights
- Must pass a stress test if you have a heart condition
For your DOT physical, visit us at AFC Urgent Care New Britain, where we guarantee to provide you with a thorough examination while still getting you in-and-out the door in a timely manner. Visit us any day of the week, with no appointment or referral necessary.