Our urgent care center administers immigration physicals in New Britain, Newington and the surrounding towns, for patients seeking a green card, or citizenship. With a USCIS-Designated Civil Surgeon on staff, we are able to administer these immigration physicals per the United States Department of Homeland Security and Citizens and Immigration Services.
With an on-site lab, our clinic conducts all the needed tests required for immigration exams, including TB testing, blood testing and immunization screens and x-rays. We offer affordable pricing, as we work with most major insurances while we also offer cost-effective pricing for patients lacking health insurance.
We handle every aspect of your immigration physical in New Britain, including:
comprehensive health screening
phlebotomy and titers
radiology/x-ray if applicable
referral to outside provider if necessary
The medical exam portion of the immigration process can take two to three visits, so it helps to know what to expect and what you need to bring. If needed, you might want to have a translator with you. To help you and your family make as few trips as possible, here’s what to expect for each of your visits:
- Because our Medical Director, Dr. Ali is the sole provider certified to perform immigration physicals, we prefer appointments for all visits; however will accept walk-ins for the first visit.
- Please bring a valid, government-issued photo I.D. (does not have to be U.S. government issued or a drivers license).
- Applicants under 14 years old are permitted to have other proof of identity that shows name, date and place of birth, parents’ full names and other identifying information.
- Please bring any and all vaccine records (must be professionally translated in English) so we know if you need additional immunizations. Don’t worry– we offer many of the required vaccines at our clinics, if you need them; an additional charge may apply. In order to schedule a visit with one of our doctors, called a civil surgeon, you must have records of all the required vaccines.
- A tuberculin skin test will be administered to every applicant over two years of age.
- A blood test for syphilis will be given to every applicant over 15 years of age.
- You must return to the clinic within 48 to 72 hours after your first exam to have the results read from your tuberculin skin test.
- If results from all tests are negative, you will be able to schedule your immigration medical exam with one of our civil surgeons. An appointment is required for the third visit.
- If results from the tests are abnormal or positive, you may require further treatment. If this is necessary, our team will give you the details and referrals you may need to guide you through the process.
- Our team will schedule an appointment for your third visit once all requirements are met.
- Dr. Ali, our Medical Director and civil surgeon, will perform your immigration medical exam.
- Your I-693 paperwork will be completed and sealed for you to submit to USCIS. You will also receive a copy for your records. The medical portion of the immigration process is now complete! Congratulations!
To take advantage of our immigration physicals, visit us today in New Britain. To speak with one of our medical professionals, call us at 860.357.6899.We look forward to helping you achieve the citizenship you dream about!